Sunday, September 27, 2009

I win.

Cold loses. I am feeling much better this weekend. This was a hard week because of how sick I felt all week, but I made it through and have spent this whole week and weekend just resting and sleeping. Here are a few quick pictures. Nothing exciting from this week because 1. I was sick. 2. I am running out of money. In fact, I may have to borrow some from some fellow teachers. I didn't really get paid very much this last paycheck, so after sending a large chunk of that money home to cover bills it is getting pretty tight for this last fourteen days. Ok, here come the pics.

Here are some of the classroom that I teach in. We all have planet names and I am Saturn. I was going to be Mars, but one of the teachers that had been there claimed it. Oh well, Saturn is pretty neat because it is at the end of the hallway and so we are in our own world. I like that. That means that we can shout and yell without worrying about disturbing other classes. We do a lot of noise making in my classes. It entertains me and the kids.
Here is my dryer working overtime in my apartment. Oh...that reminds me...I have to go put in some towels to be washed.
Here is a picture of one of my favorite things I have eaten here in South Korea. Some of you asked if I have eaten a lot of fish. The answer is, sadly, no. I have only eaten fish one time. It was good, but I really am looking forward to the next paycheck, so that I can eat some fresh, exotic fish. However, this chicken is pretty great. It is boneless (woman's style apparently? I don't know.) and covered in deliciousness. One of the kinds comes with large noodles and the other (yes, it comes with TWO kinds of boneless chicken!) is crispy and amazing. I didn't a picture of the actual food, but I am going to order it again and take a picture. I was too hungry and excited to take pictures of the actual food, but I did want you to see the strange person and the "woman's style" on the box. It makes no sense to me, but it tastes great. Also, this place introduced me to an amazingly tasty beverage. Green plum juice. I am going to miss this drink when I leave because it is soooo great. I have been drinking it a LOT.
Well, there you go. Sorry none of this is terribly interesting, but I am just thankful to be over my cold. Ok, well I have to go put away my laundry now. It is dry. Thanks for reading and keep up with the questions. I will try to answer them all.

3 comments:

  1. Man, I wish we had boneless fish. The first time I had fish in my school lunch, I was crunching through all these sharp bones, and all the kids and teachers just told me "Yum, calcium!"

    We should totally hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better...

    Plum juice sounds great to me. Wonder if you can bring any of that back here when you come? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe, definitely got a good chuckle out of "woman style" chicken.

    ReplyDelete